Friday, April 13, 2018

Qing Ming Day 4. Dam Pictures and Going Back to Jinan.

This morning we were up even earlier and had to be done with breakfast, check out, and be waiting for our group to go to on the Three Gorges Dam tour.  It was a mad house trying to get off the boat.  We had to go through another boat to reach the dock and once on the dock, we looked at the long stairway we would have to climb (no elevator this time) and decided to try and get on the trolley car to take us to the top. 

We went over to the trolley car and found out that it was only 2 Yuan to ride it, but the problem was the crush of people trying to ride it.  There were three of us, David, Helen, and I that tried it.  We had to push our way in and stay close together, because if we didn't, others would push in front of us.  No nice little queue to get on.  Fortunately, with our larger size, we were able to for a barricade and get on right after an old gentleman with a cane that was being put helped on by his daughter.

They took us on buses to the security center.  We had to get off the bus, go through scanning machines, walk through the building, and get back on the bus.  I think the best part of the tour is riding the escalators up and up and up and up to the top where you can have a bird's eye view of the area.  David and I got separated from each other and I couldn't find him, so I decided to walk up to the very top of the look out.  While I was up there, a woman just had to have her picture taken with this American!

David finally called me so I made my way down.  As we started our trek back to the bus, another woman stopped me to get a picture with me.  It is rather fun, complete strangers asking for pictures with you. 
The Bird's Eye view of the dam.

Boats and barges waiting to go through the locks.

Some of the people in our group had to get to the train station so they could get the high speed train back to their cities.  We were taken to the airport and had to hurry to get our tickets and get to the gate.  They were almost a half hour late loading our plane.  We made it home okay.  Happy Qing Ming!

No comments:

Blog Archive