Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day 138 – New Calling

We had a short chat with Seth and Alisa this morning before we left for Church.  I caught David’s cold, so I didn’t sleep well and we were almost late for Church.  The cab driver that we got knew some English words and he tried to talk with us.  It was mostly America, basketball, NBA, Kirby, and a few things like that, but we were so impressed that even with his limited vocabulary that he was willing to try!  He wanted to know if the cars in America had the steering wheel on the right or left side of the car.  We assured him that we had it on the same side of the car as China does.

We walked in just as the Branch President started the meeting.  I was sustained as the Primary Music Leader.  I am not sure how I will go about doing it, but they wanted someone who was good with computers and also had a music background.  I guess when I put together a new song list for the year a few weeks ago; I got started on a new calling.  This will be a new challenge because I’m not sure how the Primary works exactly, except I have to do all the music beforehand and get it on the computer so those who have Primary Children can use it when they have Primary.

The potluck dinner afterward was fun and yummy (I could put “delicious” in here, but that would sound too “Chinese”!  All food is delicious to them!)  When all the dishes were done we were just sitting at the Purnell’s apartment and we decided to tell the stories of how we all met and married our spouses.  That was fun!  We have such a fun group of people here in Ji’nan with the BYU teachers and we all get along well. 


We have been doing things waiting for the 8 p.m. Branch Council Meeting and we thought it was 8, but it was only 7 and they had to tell us we were at the wrong meeting…  Had to wait an hour, so I did some Family Search indexing.  I found some Minnesota records that need to be indexed.

No comments:

Blog Archive