Friday, January 24, 2014

Day 150 – Hong Kong Temple and Temple Street

 We were up and ready to eat breakfast at 7 a.m. when the buffet opened.  The first group left for a session at the Hong Kong Temple at 7:20.  We made really good time and got there early, so that they could start the session ten minutes earlier than they had planned.  We rode the subway to the temple and didn’t lose anyone.
 
After the session at the Hong Kong Temple.

Hong  Kong Temple.

The session was a hard one for me because of all the emotional things that have happened this week.  I cried through most of it.  David and I were in the prayer circle.  I felt better afterward. 

Then we went to the distribution center and got a few things.  We waited in the chapel for the meeting that we had with Elder Gong and his wife.  Elder Gong insisted that we have a picture taken with him and his wife so that we could send a copy to our family.  Connie Molyneux played the piano and I led the music for the opening song.  It was a good meeting.  We had a choir practice after for the conference on Sunday.
 
With Elder and Sister Gong.  Great people to know.
Then we had lunch at a near by mall and took the subway back to the hotel.  David and I gathered our laundry and took it to the laundry center to have it washed for us.  Then we walked around town looking for a place to buy a pair of reading glasses because somehow, I lost mine.  We went to two different places that said they didn’t carry the ready made ones and to have them made would have been over 1000 Hong Kong Dollars!  We finally found a place that had a box of them and the price was 400.  I was desperate and not sure where else I could find them, so I paid the price.

We went to dinner at a restaurant called, “Dan Ryan’s” that served excellent ribs.  We ate too much of course, but BYU China Teacher’s Program paid for it.  Then we went with a small group of teachers to a night market called, “Temple Street.”  It was just like a lot of the Chinese markets.  However, we saw several booths that had reading glasses for sale.  I finally stopped at one and found a pair that I could live with for 20 Hong Kong Dollars!!!  Wished that I had found them first. 


We made our way home and only had to stop and ask for directions once!  Yay!
This one is for Rachel!!

No comments:

Blog Archive