Monday, January 13, 2014

Day 139 – You Need a Red Stamp!

We just stayed around the apartment this morning.  I was waiting to hear from Eva how to change a grade for two of the students that I messed up on.  She sent me a form that she helped me fill out over the phone (it was all in Chinese).  Then at noon, David and I went to the canteen to wait for Ning Ming, the head of the College of English, and the Dean of the College of English so that they could sign my form also. 
After we had the form signed, we went back to the apartment for lunch.  We had to wait until 2 p.m. until we could take it to another office (all the offices close up for a 1 ½ to 2 hour lunch here on campus), when the lady who has the red stamp is supposed to be in the office so that I can get to the next step.  The lady with the red stamp (they love red stamps here, especially with a star on it!) wasn’t there, but a guy came into the office and he talked with Ming and Eva on the phone and they told him what was needed.  He searched through the lady’s desk and found the red stamp and put it where it needed to be.  Then we walked over to the administration building with the form with all the signatures and the red stamp and took it to the office we needed to go to. 
Once we got there, we called Eva and she talked to the girl at the desk and told her what we needed.  The lady who is in charge of the online grades was not there, but we had the paper at the correct place and the woman would be in tomorrow and get the program unlocked so that I can change the grades for those two girls sometime in the next few days.  Whew!
David and I walked to RT Mart and In Zone.  We had heard that a basement part of In Zone has lots of little shops and you can get things cheaper there.  I have walked though one of the pairs of shoes that I brought with me, so it was necessary to get a new pair.  (That’s how much walking we do here!)  We found a shop that had likely good shoes.  We tried on a few pairs and found one that we hope will be good.  At least they feel better than the pair I was wearing, so I wore then out of the shop.  That feels better!

We shopped at RT Mart for some groceries and then walked home.  Now we pack for the trip tomorrow to the Tianmu Hot Springs and Spa where we can let little fishes eat the dead skin off of our bodies…

No comments:

Blog Archive