Monday, December 9, 2013

Day 103 - Work, Work, Work...

Day 103 – Work, Work, Work…

David left for his classes and I got online to be a part of Tony’s Melchizedek Priesthood ordination.  I got to talk with Ammon, Kadie, Rachel and Alisa for a little bit.  It is amazing how you can feel the Spirit from halfway around the world when you are only connected by a computer.  Then I got to work:  grading papers, entering grades, planning lessons, etc.

I stopped for lunch with David and then we both got back to work.  We stopped about 3 p.m. because we needed to run several errands.  We went to the bank and transferred money to Marvin Wu for our next tour, going to Harbin Ice Festival.   We couldn’t do it at the first bank because as a security measure, they were asking for us to verify the person’s name that we were sending the money to.  Well, it comes up in Chinese characters!  How are we supposed to know?  We went back to the apartment and got a card that had his name in Chinese characters on and went to the larger bank on Shanda Nan Lu.  We guessed that the characters matched, so we got that done. 

Then we headed over to the little market that we like to go to.  We were looking for bananas so I can make some more banana bread.  I didn’t make any for my sophomore class, the lesson plans didn’t work for that.  Last week during the class, we were doing a lesson on idioms.  I had given them a list of 24 idioms and explained them to the class.  Then they had to make up a possible dialog using as many of the idioms as they could.  Word must have gotten out to them that I had made banana bread for my freshman classes.  One of the groups put together a dialog that talked about how great Professor Cox’s cooking was and that she was going to invite them over to have some at her apartment.  Well, I can take a hint as well as the next person, so I am making banana bread to take to them on Wednesday.  I won’t have time on Tuesday to do it, so it has to be today. 

We also got some other fruits and more of the nuts that we are crazy about and came back to more work, supper, banana bread, and more work.  I’m tired, going to bed. 


No comments:

Blog Archive