Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Day 124 – Pie Show Fan

Day 124 – Pie Show Fan

I was able to chat with Seth, Rachel and Caleb this morning and watch Aleeyah play for a while as I talked to Rachel.  Such a good aunt to follow her around with her iphone and capture her movements as she plays!  It was so cute!  Then I had to work on getting grades put into the computer system for the university.

After lunch, we ran some errands and made a trip to Carrefour for groceries.  Then we decided to go to the canteen for some dinner.  When we got back, I organized the kitchen better with some baskets that I had bought today.  There was just so much wasted space and when you don’t have much space to begin with, you need to organize it better, so I did.  There is still some more I could do, but it feels so much better this way.  You may ask what took me four months to do it?  Well, I just thought I could live with it the way it was, but when I think of the next six to seven months, I just thought it would be worth putting out $10 to do it!


As David was checking his email, he had a message from our friend, Sherry, who had helped us the first day that I had my sophomore class.  Her mother happens to watch the cooking program that I did the banana cream pie for.   David had sent a link to the show to Sherry and her mother came in while she was watching the link.  Her mother asked her why she was watching the show and she said that she knew us!  Her mother was so surprised and said that the pie looked so good and she would love to have tasted it.  We will try to get together with them sometime and take a pie to her.  Sometimes the world gets really small… even in China!

1 comment:

David Milo Pearson said...

"It's a small world after all,
It's a small world after all,
It's a small world after all,
It's a small, small world!"

p.s. A day or so before Christmas, a married niece on my side of the family (my children have 86 first cousins, 54 on Linnea's side of the family [the Petersens] and 32 on my side [the Pearsons], plus the nine of them), sent me several texts on my cell phone. She said she pulled up our son, Peter's Facebook page (of course, he's serving in the Portland, Oregon Mission for our church [The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints], but apparently they are starting to allow missionaries now to have Facebook pages while serving their missions). Peter has been in the Willamette area since he arrived in Portland in July of 2013, and expects to transfer out within the next couple of weeks.

Anyways, after this niece, Yvonne Russell, showed her father-in-law and mother-in-law Peter's Facebook page with his photo on it, they told her that they had taken him (our son, Peter), and his companion/s (he's been in a 3-some lately) out to dinner just a couple of weeks before. His wife even took Peter some medicine the day after, since he wasn't feeling well that day).

We told Peter this when he called us on Christmas day, and he found it interesting that people in the ward he was serving in were inlaws to one of his first cousins (but of course, the odds of such a connection are indeed increased by the sheer quantity of cousins our children have).

So, indeed, it IS "a small world, after all!"

Blog Archive