Monday, December 2, 2013

Day 96 - Usual Monday

Day 96 - Usual Monday

David had his classes this morning and I spent the morning entering grades, planning lessons and getting ready for finals.  Yes, it is getting that close to the end.  Because of the size of most of my classes, I will have to plan two weeks for the finals, which are a five minute interview with each of my students.  Some of the classes will have to have two or three students in the 5 minute time slot.  I’m a little nervous about having to give a grade at this point, just have to do my best and hope they have done their best. 

We had lunch here and then went back to work.  At about 3, we decided to take a break and go to RT Mart to get milk and other things.  You know how you go to the store and always end up getting more than you planned?  We walked there so that we could get some exercise in.  It has been tough being cooped up inside all day when the weather was so nice and warm.  We were just in our light jackets and when we got warmed up with our walk, I almost felt like taking mine off.  We took the bus home because of all the “extra” things we bought.


After supper, it has been back to work.  Libby Clarke sent me an email and this is what it said, “I was going to email you and tell you about the presentation in my class this morning.  It was on memories, focusing on good ones.  I was a bit surprised when a picture of you showed up.  She talked about the barbecue where you gave them chocolate chip cookies and then pictures of when you taught them how to make them.  She talked about how you and David met and so on and the kids all oohed and Ahmed.  You made quite an impact.”  I love teaching!

No comments:

Blog Archive