Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Day 97 - Hair Cuts Part 2

Day 97 – Hair Cuts  Part 2

I went to teach this morning and David went back to bed, well, after he mopped the floors and did some other stuff.  He didn’t sleep well with his cold, so he was okay doing that.  My classes went well.  I gave them their grades so far and it got rather hectic.  I had to reassure them that I was willing to accept work that was late and also I would check their emails for missing homework.  They really are conscientious for the most part and want to get it done and get the best grade they can.  I also had to do some fixes on the gradebook program we are using so the grades came out to what I wanted them to look like.

We met Jin Li (Lily), who was coming to my Wednesday class, and had lunch with her.  It was nice to get to know her better and then she took us to a place to get our hair cut.  Wow!  We found someone who really knows her stuff about cutting hair!  She was quick and did it like we wanted it done.  We will be going back to her again.  Life is always easier when you have someone who knows someone who can…

Back at the apartment, it was back to work.  David had his last monitors meeting with his class monitors.  They are a fun group of young people that just adore David.  He has made a positive impact on their lives.  When he said he may not do American football with the students in the Spring term, one of them sounded really disappointed.  He has gotten the football bug and seems to be a natural at it. 


At 6:15, I had to stop because Bo Wang was picking us up to take us to his place for dinner.  He and his fiancé’, Amanda, made us dinner with some of their favorite foods.  It was a fun visit and then they drove us home.  Had to finish getting ready for tomorrow, so it is kind of a late night.  

No comments:

Blog Archive