Sunday, December 1, 2013

Day 95 - Thanksgiving Sunday

Day 95 – Thanksgiving Sunday

David isn’t feeling well with his cold and with the load of pies to take to the Thanksgiving potluck dinner after Church, we decided to take a taxi there.  We got there plenty early because there was a taxi driver just driving slowly past the south gate of the campus as we were coming out and we got right in. 

Lulu came to church with a young man that she is trying to teach about the Church to, so we had 15 there today.  Hanson and Lulu’s young man all went in to the Priesthood meeting.  The young man seemed to like us. 

Lily came to have dinner with us.  She seemed to miss us and gave us all big hugs.  Simon also came to eat dinner with us.  There was a lot of food again.  I forgot that I had said I was going to bring mashed potatoes because I got caught up in making the pies.  We all ate too much of course.  Lulu’s friend carried home a plate of pies that were left over.  I gave what was left of the pumpkin pie to Kathy and Simon because we still had one more pie here at home that I didn’t take with us.


Because David was tired with his cold, we came home and didn’t linger much afterward so that he could take a nap.  We have just been sitting here quietly doing out own things.  I am trying to get Mr. Krueger’s Christmas to download so that I can watch it.  I’m in the mood for Christmas.  I think I’ll look and see what Christmas decorations we brought in the bags we hastily grabbed from the old apartments and see what I can put up tomorrow.
Just before blessing the food.

Wayne Clarke, Stan Pace, Pam Carter, Lulu's friend, Lily, Lulu and Hanson all waiting for the food.

About half of the food.

The other half of the food, minus the rolls and bread on the table and a couple more pies on the counter.

No comments:

Blog Archive