Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Day 69 - Edit the University Presidents Speech?

Day 69

I had my classes this morning.  Both went well and of course they all loved the banana bread that I used in my lesson.  I forgot it at home and my phone and my keys, so I had to borrow a phone from one of my students to call my cell phone and hope that David would answer my phone because I can’t remember his number.  Mine is easy to remember. 

We had lunch here to eat up some of the leftovers we had.  David got his lessons ready for the next few days.  I got some work done also.  Mostly, we just a quiet afternoon here. 

At about 5 p.m., we got a call from the International Office of the University asking if we would edit a paper for them.  We said we would do some editing if they needed it.  We get the paper and it turns out to be a speech that the University President is going to be giving to some traveling US university presidents that are visiting China.  They are talking about allowing more student exchanges between the students in both our countries.  It was pretty hard to decipher some of what we had to edit because it was translated from Chinese to English and you just don’t get the same meaning.  We finally got it done through and we hope it is what he wanted to say.


As I was walking to class this morning, Jin Li (Lily) a teacher friend who sits in on my Wednesday 10 a.m. class, was taking pictures of the leaves this morning and got some pictures of me.  I’ll add one here.


No comments:

Blog Archive