Friday, November 8, 2013

Day 71 & 72 - How do you say, "Please don't chop up the Chicken?"

Day 71 & 72

Thursday
David had classes.  I worked on school work for a while and then went to the meat market and got some meat.  I got the usual ribs and she cut those up.  She also showed me two nice chicken leg and thighs so I nodded yes that I wanted them.  Then she took them over and started chopping them up like she does the ribs!  I didn’t have the words to say, “Please don’t chop them up!”  That is the way the Chinese like their poultry, chopped up.  It makes all kinds of shards from the bones in what you are eating.  I have stopped getting anything that looks like poultry in the canteen that looks like poultry because of that.  Sigh.  I came home and put them in the crock pot with some herbs and rice and they made a great meal… except for the bone shards…

We went to RT Mart in the afternoon to try and find some Band-Aids.  We did find them.  Had to ask someone for help, so we showed her a Band-Aid and she took us right to them.  We then went over to Pace’s apartment, because they live really close and visited with Stan for a little while so I could put a Band-Aid on my blister. 

David did his tutoring with Allen in the evening and I made the banana bread for my students in my Friday classes. 

Friday

We both had classes this morning and they all went well.  The students really loved the banana bread and there was none left to bring home and let David have for his lunch.  We had lunch here and then got some more work done.  David went to the canteen to play games with his students. 


We met Stan, Nancy and Eva at the canteen so that we could have her help us order from the teacher restaurant there.  We had a fine meal and then sat and talked for a long time.  Then we went to the little store in the basement and got an ice cream.  We stood under the light of a lamp post on the main street through campus and talked for a long time.  We drew a lot of curious looks because we were four Anglo persons talking together.  I’m not sure they even noticed Eva because she is so small.  One young man was walking past and then he stops and is standing there.  It looked like he wanted to talk to us, so we stopped a moment and Eva asked him if he needed something in Chinese.  He said he was just curious and wanted to observe us.  

No comments:

Blog Archive