Monday, May 5, 2014

Day 253 – Computers That Don’t Work are Frustrating!


Monday is my long day of teaching.  I was able to catch the bus I needed in good time and I made it to the campus early.  I arrived at the first class with extra time and so I was going to put the USB in the computer that I had received from my 10 a.m. class monitor last week (I was afraid to put it in my computer and pick up another virus…) and start viewing the student presentations that I had missed while I was in the hospital.  However, the boy who had videoed the presentations from this class had them on his iPhone, so I watched some of them instead of from the other class. 

The first part of the class went well with the presentations and then I showed them Cheaper by the Dozen for the second half.  While they were watching, I was able to finish evaluating the rest of the presentations that I had missed.

The second class had a lot of presentations to do so that we could catch up on them, and the computer in that class is the one that I had gotten the virus from on my computer.  It was doing all sorts of strange things and when the monitor, another student that is good with computers, and I couldn’t get the computer to cooperate, we asked for help from the building technology person.  He came and got it running, but we had to restart it again before all the students could do their presentations.

When I tried to show the movie for the second half of that class, the computer would not even recognize the DVD.  I finally asked the monitor if we could change rooms, so he found a room that was empty (except for a few of the students that use it to study in) and we watched part of the movie there.  It frustrates me so much because that computer has caused this class to not be able to get all the information that I need to give them when it won’t work properly.  We wasted a good twenty minutes of class today just because of that!

After the class was gone, I stayed there to view the presentations that were on the monitor’s USB.  When I had them all evaluated, I caught the bus for home.

When we finished lunch, I laid down for a short rest to get my legs up and then David and I went to RT Mart for groceries.  We were under time constraints because he was doing games in the canteen at four with his students, and it seemed like there were no bus No. 1’s coming along as often as we thought they would come.  We hurried through the store and then tried to hurry home, but again, bus 1 took a long time to get there.  David ran with the bags of groceries to the apartment and then hurried to the canteen and made it only a few minutes late.


We had dinner here and I worked on lessons for the week and tried to plan the lessons for the rest of the weeks.  I only have three more lesson times with the sophomores before we start two weeks of finals!

No comments:

Blog Archive