Thursday, May 15, 2014

Day 263 – Hospital and Dinner with Eva


After David left for his class, I went to the hospital to meet Dr. Tricia.  I had forgotten when I was there on Monday to get a refill of one of the blood thinners that is an herbal remedy that they have me taking.  She wanted to visit for a while and she sent one of the young helpers that hangs around there trying to get in to see the doctors, to go stand in line and get the refills for me while we talked.  She mostly wanted advice on the new iPhone she recently got.  Dr. Tricia is not into technology much, but her other phone was dying and she sees the value of having a dictionary, translator and way to search the web available carried around with her, so she got one.  She’s still learning how to use it.

David was home by the time that I got home.  We had a chat with Ammon and Tiffany and Ahnalee and we got Nephi to smile, too.  Then we chatted with Seth for a little bit and then Alisa for about an hour. 

After lunch, David went to the grocery store and I laid down to get my feet up.  He took a nap then and I got back on the computer.  At four, David had four students show up for square dance, and he asked if I would come down and be his partner so that it would be more fun.  We had a good time and then we walked over by the stadium to meet Eva for dinner at the teacher restaurant.  She helped us order a room and the food for the dinner for next Tuesday when the other members of our Jinan church group will come for dinner.


David had to hurry back to tutor Alan and Eva and I walked to her car to put her stuff in and the she came to the campus hotel with me to see about getting a room there for Evan when he comes to visit.  The hotel had one of the staff show us the difference between the two types of rooms they have and I took some pictures to show David since he wasn’t able to come.  Then Eva came to the apartment with us so we could show her the video that the kids made to thank everyone that had helped us in China.  

No comments:

Blog Archive