Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Day 269 – Hot Day


I knew today was going to be hot because it started out with a hot night.  The only AC in this apartment is in the living room, a long way away from our bedroom (well 10 feet away, but it just doesn’t reach that far…).  I turned the fans on in my classroom because we needed the air movement to survive.  Teaching went well for me.  David, too, I guess.

After lunch, I was trying to print some pictures for the Primary Music and for my tutoring tonight, but it was only printing out black and white images, so we had to make a quick trip to the technology center on Shanda Lu and buy some new ink cartridges for the printer.  It was during the hottest part of the day and I think it was in the 90’s.  By the time we got back here, I was so hot from the heat and my face was beet red.  I got some ice water and drank as much as I could until the ice ran out.  Have to wait for more cubes in the freezer. 

We met two of David’s class monitors at the teacher restaurant and bought dinner for them.  Carrie and Catherine were very happy to eat with us and we had a nice visit.  They both hope to go to the US or Great Britain for more education. 

My four little girls came for tutoring tonight.  We had a fun game and I taught them another song and some phonics.  Lisa, the mother who sits with them and helps interpret when they need help understanding, asked about when we drink hot water in the US.  I told her I rarely drink hot water.  Over here, they even drink hot water on the hottest days!  That’s what their ancestors did, so they do it, too. 


I hope it cools a little so that I can sleep better tonight.  It sure is hot…

No comments:

Blog Archive