Saturday, June 7, 2014

Day 285 – Friday Finishing

Evan came to my class the first hour of each class day today and then went to David’s for the second hour.  My second class came up with some really good questions and I didn’t want to stop them when it was time to stop.

We met Eva at the teacher restaurant for lunch.  We decided to go with her to the old Hongjialou campus and look around there and then go to RT Mart and then she could give us a ride home when she was done teaching her classes. 

After looking at the campus for a little bit, we decided to show Evan the Muslim market place that was close by.  David got a new cover put on his phone and then we went to RT Mart and got some groceries for tomorrow.  We still had a lot of time to kill before Eva would be ready to pick us up, so we called up Nancy Pace to see if she would mind if we came over there to spend some time.  We had an enjoyable visit with her.  Stan is off with Wayne Clarke to hike in the Yellow Mountains this weekend. 

We left Nancy’s at 5:30 and headed to the old campus to meet Eva.  The wind started blowing and it looked like it was going to storm.  The original plan was to have Eva take us to DaMing Lake again and show us some of the evening activities there after we had dinner at a restaurant neat the Hongjialou campus.  That changed when Eva remembered some papers that she needed to have printed off on the Central Campus and the weather turned rainy. 

Eva dropped Evan and I off at the canteen so that we could order dinner and wait for David and Eva to get their things done and meet us there.  David grabbed some umbrellas and we were very glad he did for the deluge that happened shortly after David got out of the apartment.  He had to go help Eva get to her car from the place she had parked it to the restaurant. 

Dinner was fun and then we came back to the apartment and talked.

Alisa wanted us to call her.  She needed to tell us that Shilo had died that day.  It’s not easy to lose a pet, but he was pretty old and we didn’t think he would last this long after we left.  We just wish that he maybe could have held on for another three weeks, so we could say good-bye one last time.

No comments:

Blog Archive