Monday, March 3, 2014

Day 190 – Monday – Long Morning


I left the apartment at 7 a.m. and headed for the bus stop for bus 75.  I was still about half-way up the block to the bus stop when I saw a bus 75 coming up the street.  I knew unless I ran I would probably miss the bus and then probably not make it to my class.  I ran and I did make it, but I was the last person to get on.  It was very nice of someone to stand up and give me their seat when I did get on.  I made it to class with about three minutes to get ready before the bell.

Both classes went well, but for some reason, the second class went a lot faster than the first one.  I had about 20 minutes left of the class, so I pulled out the Pictionary game I had played with the freshman last week and had them do that.  It is a fun game, so I plan to have it with me because it doesn’t take much weight in my bag and I can quickly pull it out when something like this arises.  I had to wait about 15 minutes to catch a bus back to Central campus when I was done teaching.

This afternoon, the woman, June, who David edited the article last week for, came over so he could talk over some of the changes that needed to be made and get clarification on her intent in some areas.  They went over the paper for about 3 hours.  She brought us a bottle of very expensive wine and when we told her we didn’t drink any kind of alcohol, she still insisted that we take it because “a small glass is good for the blood…”  Now we need to figure out whom to give the bottle to.  It is hard to turn down gifts in this culture, as a matter of fact; it is an insult to some.  Most of those that we have refused the wine over have been very understanding about it, but she didn’t even want to try and understand our position.  So, we have a bottle of wine to give away…

She liked what David has suggested for the paper and then asked him about being the American editor for their international literary society that she is a part of.  Of course, it would be for no pay.  Very flattering, but… 


After dinner, we had school work and David had to make the changes on the paper for June, so we were busy and quiet. 

No comments:

Blog Archive