Monday, March 10, 2014

Day 197 – Late Again…


I tried to leave early enough to catch bus 75 over to the Baotuquan Campus and I was able to catch a bus as soon as I got to the stop, but the traffic this morning was worse than last week and I was fifteen minutes late for my first class.  I texted the class monitor and told him so they wouldn’t worry.  As soon as I got to class and started to get things out of my bag to set up, I realized that I had forgotten my jump drive at home in the computer!  I was able to create what I need to on the board for the information on the individual presentations that they need to make, but my lesson plan was gone.  Fortunately, I had other things on my other USB that I could use for the class.  I had a headache.

I met with the three students who want to do a self-study with me to try and pass the class.  They didn’t pass last year, so they are trying to pass this year, but their class schedules to not allow them to attend class, so their advisor told them to try and set up a self-study class with me and then try to pass the final exam at the end of the semester.  I don’t know how well it will work, but they are willing to try.

I caught the bus for home after a twenty minute wait.  David met me at the bus station and we bought some fruits and then went to get our hair cut at the gal that we have learned to trust.  After we got home, we both took naps and then had work to do. 


We walked to the canteen and had supper there on the 4th floor.  We didn’t know if we had meals on our cards yet, so we just went there and paid for it.  Then it was back to the apartment so I could get my lesson plans ready for tomorrow.

No comments:

Blog Archive