Monday, March 24, 2014

Day 211 – Chinese Asparagus


I left here early so that I could make sure to get to the bus.  I decided to take bus K55 today.  It is a shorter walk to get there and I think it is also a shorter bus ride.  It winds around town more, but I got to the Baotuquan campus plenty early today, a half hour before class started.  I sat down at an outdoor table to work on some stuff, but soon the mosquitos were attacking, so I went to the classroom and just did some stuff in there.  Problem is there is no place to sit down when I am in the classroom. 

Classes went well and I was able get to get home earlier than usual on Monday.  I think I will try to take K55 from now on.  It makes me more relaxed.

While we were eating lunch, we chatted with Rachel over Facetime.  It was good to visit with her.  We miss her as much as she misses us.  She’s trying to make some decisions on her future, so she needed someone to bounce ideas off of. 

We just worked on lessons and preparing things for this week the rest of the day, except at four, David had a square dance session with his students.  He had twelve students come today and they all had a fun time.


I cooked Chinese asparagus for the first time today.  We have had it at some of the meals that we have eaten here in China and we really like it.  We’re going to see about getting seeds to plant it in our garden when we get home.  

2 comments:

ConservativeTeacher said...

Chinese asparagus is called "celtuce" or "stem lettuce." It is good for you, lots of vitamins and minerals, and tastes good. It is not asparagus at all. I need to grow it next year!

KDCJ said...

I can't wait to try it!!!

Blog Archive