Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Day 213 – Thousand Flower Park – Part II


We both had classes today.  I got to mine and realized that I had forgotten my USB drive in my computer at home because I was fixing a PPT.  What to do?  I had my other one with me, but it didn’t have any of today’s materials on it.  I put a song on, gave them an assignment that I was going to give later in the class, and RAN back to the apartment (thank heavens we are only 3 minutes away from the building I was teaching in) and then ran back!  It was so embarrassing.  I didn’t have David to rescue me like he did on Tuesday.  I think I need more sleep…

After lunch and a short nap, we decided to go visit a park that is fairly close to us called Thousand Flower Park.  We were there last fall, but most of the flowers were gone at that time and we really wanted to see it with the flowers.  With all the blossoms on campus, we figured there would be some pretty ones in a park that was called, “Thousand Flower Park,” and it didn’t let us down. 
 
In getting this picture, I was stepping on the grass near it.  That is a no-no in this park.  I wasn't the only one though.  The man that indicated I was on the grass had to shoo several off, only they got yelled at.


The magnolias along with the dogwoods,

We weren't sure what this one was.


We decided to go to the Teacher Restaurant on campus for dinner again.  It is just easier for these days that I have a lot going on.  We had an early dinner and then came back to the apartment so I could get everything ready for the four girls that I tutor.  We had a fun time with the activities I had and I taught them the song, “Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree.”  They seem to be catching on and they can start using the English that they are learning in school and start to apply it.

No comments:

Blog Archive