Monday, April 21, 2014

Day 228 – Computer Woes


David left to teach his classes.  I tried to get some things done on the computer before I left to meet Lisa so that I could have my computer repaired.  We met at the South Gate of campus and walked over to the computer store.

After looking at the computer, the technician told me that the only way to remove the virus was to reset it to factory settings and wipe everything off of it.  He also said that the computer needed cleaning because the fan was not working to keep it cool.  

I decided to have him do the work on it and he offered me his 500 GB device to store the stuff from my computer on it.  I did what I thought I needed to do to get all the information moved over.  He said he would be done about 1 p.m., so Lisa and I left.  I planned to come back after lunch with David.

We had planned to meet Eva at the canteen for lunch.  She didn’t show up and when we called her, she had forgotten.  We ate lunch their anyway and planned to meet her for dinner there instead.

After lunch, David and I went back to the technology store but the technician was not done with my computer yet, so we went to McDonald’s and got an ice cream sundae and found a bench to enjoy it.  Then we walked slowly back to the store, but we still had to wait about 45 minutes for him to finish.  Then, I went to put my stuff back on the computer from his USB and there was nothing there!  I hadn’t saved it correctly!

We called Lisa so that she could talk to him.  She came down and talked to him. He said he would try and get the information back, and if he couldn’t, then there was another person that could try and get it back.  I don’t have too high of hopes that it will get back, but I am willing to see if it is possible.  They were going to call us the next morning to let us know. 

We had talked about getting an iPad, so since we had Lisa with us to interpret, we stopped in at a store and talked to them about it.  They quoted us some prices on different models and on the iPad Mini, and then we went to a store across the street to see what their prices were.  We decided to think on it for a while.  David had games to do on the campus with his students that afternoon so we then headed back to campus.

We met Eva for dinner at the canteen and had a nice visit.  Then we came back here so David could tutor Alan Ding.


No comments:

Blog Archive