Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Day 246 – Qianfushan Hospital Afternoon

I walked to the south gate hoping to catch a taxi, but none were available before the K55 bus arrived, so I rode the bus to the Medical Campus for my classes today.  I got there plenty early, so I decided to go visit Libby Clarke for a few minutes and then headed to class.

The first class was okay, but I had only half the class there when it started.  They had a party yesterday and one of the boys was in the hospital from alcohol poisoning and one of the girls was in the hospital with food poisoning!  Eventually most of them drifted in, but it was not a good start to the day.

In the second class, I had to unlock one of my USB’s so that the class monitor could put the videoed presentations from last week on it and sure enough, that is the computer that has the virus!!!  It destroyed the PowerPoint that I was going to use!  I had to go to plan B, which didn’t last as long as it should have, so I let the class out about ten minutes early.  I hate to do that, but I can’t see just keeping them there and trying to come up with something when I don’t dare put my other USB in that computer.

I caught a bus home and David met me at the gate.  We almost missed each other.  I was so tired when I got home that I laid down to take a nap and didn’t wake up until 1:30.  We were supposed to meet Dr. Tricia to 2 p.m. and hadn’t had lunch yet.  We hurried and grabbed something to eat, caught the bus, which was really slow because of traffic that was nearly stopped, and got to the hospital at 2:30. 

Dr. Tricia helped us to get the records that we need for the insurance and also had me meet with the cardio vascular surgeon, who reminds me of Randy.  He checked my leg and declared me past the blood clot but cautioned me to not do anything too strenuous yet.  I still need to keep on my same warfarin dose.  It is getting me close to the number that we need. 

We tried to hurry back to the campus because David was supposed to do games with his students in the canteen at four, but we didn’t make it in time.  He had asked a former student to go there and meet anyone that came to tell them we were coming, but not one came.  We sat and talked to Sirius for a while.  Then we went to the teacher restaurant and waited for Rain and Juliet.  We wanted to have dinner with these two girls who monitor in his class.  They were really excited to be there and brought some small cakes from the bakery for a dessert.  Rain said she had wanted to try them, but didn’t want to buy the whole box of four small cakes for just herself.  They were fun girls to know.

This evening had just been work and planning.

No comments:

Blog Archive