Friday, April 25, 2014

Day 235 – Kathy’s Turn #2, Thursday


Kathy Guo came with breakfast for me again.  She does a great job with her scrambled eggs, but she always brings too much food!  She also brought us food for lunch, a good stew and some rice.  She stayed until she needed to go pick up Hansen from school.

David came about 1:30.  He had lunch with some of his former students at the Teacher Restaurant on campus.  They have changed the menu some, so we hope that we can get it translated again. 

Several groups of my students came to see me.  We had a nice chat and it was good to break the monotony of my days.  I decided to pay for some internet access through my cell phone on a Wi-LAN plan and it makes me happier!  Now to get caught up on a few things

Libby and Wayne Clark brought us pizza from Pizza Hut for supper.  It tasted like pizza from home, so that was good.  They also brought Blizzards from McDonald’s to top it off. 

Today was the first day of taking two pills of the Warfrin.  I felt really full all day long and really didn’t feel like eating when people brought food, but I ate some anyway.  After Wayne and Libby left, and I nearly threw up.  I didn’t feel well at all and started to have pain on my left side under my rib cage.  I didn’t know if it was the Warfrin or something else, but it scared me.  Dr. Tricia came in to visit, but I didn’t mention it to her; I should have, but I just didn’t know what to think. 


After Dr. Tricia left, I laid down for a few minutes and felt a little better, but then I had two of my sophomore students come (also bearing more fruit) and they wanted me to eat some of it.  I knew if I did I would definitely throw up, so I put them off.  We visited for a while and then I got so sleepy that I told them I needed to go to sleep.   I am ready to sleep and it is not even 10:30.  I hope I don’t die in the night…

No comments:

Blog Archive