Sunday, April 27, 2014

Day 245 – Hospital X-ray and Friends

David and I left a little before 8 a.m. and we were able to get a taxi as soon as we got to the south gate of campus.  We got to the hospital at 8:20, and Dr. Tricia wasn’t there until 8:28.  She took us into her office where she had asked the head orthopedic surgeon to come in and look at my right knee.  He poked and moved it and said it needed an X-ray.  A nurse came to take my blood and then we went to the building of the hospital where the labs and the x-ray machines are. 

Dr. Tricia knew that we needed to be at Church at 10 a.m. and so she tried to expedite everything for us.  They put us in line before other people, but when it was 9:45, David needed to be over at the Hanlin Hotel and open the room for those that were coming, he left and I stayed with Dr. Tricia to get the x-rays and have the surgeon look at them. 

To add to my walking woes, I now have the cartilage in my right knee deteriorating and causing the swelling and pain.  The surgeon wants me to take a prescription of Glucosamine Sulfate to see if the swelling will go down and help stabilize the cartilage.  I need to go back in two weeks to have it checked again.  Why couldn’t all of this have waited for three more months when I would be home and not have all this pain in China?  We do so much walking in China! 

When I was finished at the hospital, I walked to the hotel and met the others for Church.  We were kind of a sparse group today.  Purnell’s still in Canada, Clarke’s and Pam at Weifang with their school sponsored trip, Kathy home with a sick Hansen and Lulu probably had class.  That left just Pace’s and us.  They didn’t do the sacrament until after the meeting because they had problems getting into the Arkadin system for Church on Skype. That was nice for me so that I was able to be a part of it.  After the Sacrament, we called Rachel and chatted with her for a while.  We would like to have talked longer, but dinner was ready and I was having trouble with the internet connection, so we said goodbye.

After we had dinner cleaned up, Pace’s came home with us.  Nancy helped me make banana bread and we were having a good visit, then Eva came over with one of her friends.  We talked for several more hours.  The friend of Eva didn’t speak English, but she sure understood some of it.  She had a good laugh along with us.  I sent them all home with some banana bread.

No comments:

Blog Archive