Friday, April 25, 2014

Day 239 – Release!


The nurse came in early today and they measured my legs.  I assume they were happy with the measurement.  I decided to get up then and see if I could video chat with some of the kids, hopefully Rachel, because it had been so long since we had talked.  I was able to do that.  Things are going well for her.  She was at Seth’s house where the kids had all gathered to do the Easter Egg Hunt.

We kept having problems with the connection, so we finally gave up after about a half hour, but it was sure good to hear how things were going for her now. 

Dr. Tricia came in a little after 8 a.m. and asked if I could come down the hall and have pictures taken with the nurses, so we went there.  They had just finished their morning staff meeting, so all the nurses were there.  I got pictures with all the nurses, but the one nurse who had written down the phrases and translated them in her little book, was not in the pictures.  It turns out that she is just a student nurse, and doesn’t have the ranking that the others do, so she couldn’t be in the pictures.  I was hoping that she would be able to come down to my room later and we would be able to get a picture, but I guess she was assigned duties elsewhere.  Sun Fang did come down and we got some “selfies” on her phone camera, just the two of us. 
 
Here I am with all the nurses on the floor.  The head nurse is to the right and Sun Fang is to the left.  A few could speak a few words, but Sun Fang did the best.
Kathy came with some breakfast a little after nine.  She also brought some food for lunch.  Then she helped me pack things up and also cleaned out the little frig.  Eva got there about 10:45 and wanted to hurry because she was parked in an area that they didn’t want her in for very long.  It still took us a while to get down the stairs for all the food and stuff that we had.  One of the comforters that I had used on the bed was not familiar to the nurses there and they thought it was mine.  They gave it to Kathy, but I told her that I had found it in the cupboard in the room and that I didn’t need it, so she took it back up to them.  Dr. Tricia also had to get me more medicine to take with me.
 
This is Dr. Wang.  He came in to say "goodbye" to me and I wanted a picture of him.

This is Dr. Tricia Sun.  What a wonderful person she is!

After we got everything in the car and tried to get out of the parking lot, the parking manager wanted Eva to turn around and go out the way she had come in.  I don’t know why, because it seemed to me it was only one way and we would be going against the traffic.  Well, we were, and getting out was rather difficult because all of a sudden, there were five or six cars that had decided to come in the way we were trying to go out.  Chinese traffic is difficult even in the best of circumstances, but try and go the other way?  No Problem, right?!!

Eva parked close to our apartment, but the man in charge of the area came out and she had to tell him that we had a lot of stuff to unload and then she would move her car.  We unloaded all the stuff in front of the building and we carried some up, but then I went to the balcony of our apartment and I stood there and watched my stuff while she went to move the car.

Eva wanted us to go the teacher restaurant at the canteen for lunch, so she left then to get us a table.  I still had to watch my stuff until David came home from his class.  We walked over to the canteen and had lunch. Then we came back here and I was ready for a nap!


I tried to get caught up on some computer things that I needed to do and get ready for my classes tomorrow.  Libby had taken my sophomore classes today for me, which I was very grateful for.

No comments:

Blog Archive